Automated Tests, JIRA, Confluence, REST Assured
About the company
The company is a subsidiary company of $9-billion food sector player Dot Holdings, and is hiring! They are a fast-growing data tech company operating a fully integrated food Operating System (fOS), and constructing future solutions for large-scale food ordering.
They have been disrupting the food industry to provide a personalized customer experience while dramatically reducing operational food waste. As a B2B company, they proudly deliver pioneering software solutions to global food industry leaders.
Their culture is founded on mutual respect and accountability, which allows them to deliver the best possible solutions as a team. They are globally based, fully remote (some domestic travel may be required for this role), and excited by their efforts and the products they are building.
Why join this company?
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote.
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and reduce waste.
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks.
About the job
We are looking for a Functional Test Analyst to join our Quality Assurance team to collaborate closely with business stakeholders, Product managers, Data Scientists, Stack, and Mobile developers. The ideal candidate has 2-3 years of experience in manual functional test planning and execution. This is a remote position and you must be able to work US-East Coast or UK time zone.
- 2+ years of experience in a QA Analyst or similar role.
- Ability to publish comprehensive and complete test plans and execute them manually.
- Prior experience in an Agile environment (eg. fluent with Jira and Confluence).
- Demonstrates a solid understanding of QA best practices and web application testing.
- Experience with REST assured.
- Knowledge of testing APIs through tools.
- Independent, analytical, and detail-oriented.
- Experience with or interest in working remotely with a multicultural and progressive team spread out across various time zones.
- Strong communication skills.
- Must be advanced in English (written and spoken).
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience in the Food & Supply Chain domain is a plus.
- Postman is a plus.
- Being able to work with database queries is a plus.
- Collaborate with the scrum team to understand and refine business requirements
- Define and execute test scenarios for new features, enhancements, and upkeep
- Perform various testing types and techniques such as exploratory, functional, browser compatibility, usability, end-to-end, regression, integrations, etc.
- Report and validate fixes for product defects
- Drive feature quality through testing approach and application of agile processes
- Coordinate release timeline and dates for new products, features, changes, and bug fixes along with Infra, Dev, and Product Teams with Go or No Go feedback in a timely manner
- Control and communicate the status and progress of test plans in a timely manner to stakeholders and the Head of the Platform
- Create tickets on JIRA and contribute to Confluence knowledge-bases
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning calls, and team “show-and-tell” presentations
Compensation & Benefits:
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Up to 52K USD/year
- Initial interview with GeekHunter
- Cultural fit with the company
- Technical interview with the Tech Lead
- Final interview with Eng. Manager