About the position
We are looking for an incredible software engineer to work alongside our existing senior engineering team. This role is best for someone who has experience working with companies at the earliest stages and is energized by becoming a huge contributor to a broader team.
- Strong expertise in Golang (Senior level)
- Proficiency in AWS
- Experience with Git and collaborative teamwork through Pull Requests
- Linux familiarity
- Excellent English communication skills (both written and oral)
- Cultural fit for long-term commitment
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new technologies
- Ability to handle critical deliverables within short timeframes and thrive under pressure
- Availability to address critical incidents outside of regular working hours and take responsibility for a high-availability online system
Nice to have:
- Experience with Gin/GORM (Go web framework)
- Knowledge of AWS Cognito and AWS IoT (MQTT)
- Familiarity with AWS Kinesis Videos and AWS RDS
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines using GitHub Actions
- Proficiency in creating and maintaining Makefiles
- Knowledge of automated testing frameworks (e.g., Selenium)
- Previous experience with remote work tools such as Slack, Jira, remote meetings, and asynchronous communication
- Implement the backend and API that will manage thousands of physical devices in the field
- Ensure the physical devices online availability with high reliability
- Integrate with AI modules for data processing and event detection
About the company
They use AI to make backyard pools smarter, safer and sustainable. The company provides intelligent outdoor safety, security, automation, maintenance and operations solutions for growing families, giving them trusted peace of mind. They’re delivering experiences that protect and improve lives through an innovative AI lens that focuses on what matters most.
In 2022, they raised 1.1 million dollars in seed funding. They seek to partner with companies over the long term and are looking for hungry, excited, determined, and humble partners who are aligned with their team.
Check out their core values:
- Game-changer: They believe our vision is changing the face and the future of outdoor intelligence. Turning passion into purpose and reinvention into revolution. Their AI technology is transforming the way we think, feel and do, the moment we step outside.
- Connection: To water, the outdoors, wellness and our families. Their innovation and vision are at the intersection of safety, security, automation, operations and smart home ecosystems. And an unbreakable bond with connecting people to everything outdoors.
- Trust: Honest, transparent and dedicated to service. They stand by our craft, walk the talk and run on integrity. Collaborative partners with a genuine devotion to the human spirit. Inside and out.
- Intelligence: Through their lens, complexity is simplicity, the new luxury. Their product ecosystem is built on the most cutting-edge, smart AI technology fueled by impact. Innovate. Collaborate. Automate. There’s nothing they can’t integrate.
- Peace of mind: Inspired by the calmness of outdoor escape, their mission is rooted in keeping families focused on what matters most. Memorable experiences. Hassle, worry and stress become ease and accessibility. It’s that simple.