Node.js, React.js, TypeScript, Infrastructure, DevOps
About the company
Our client is a diversified global financial services platform, providing essential liquidity, market access and infrastructure services to clients in the commodities, energy and financial markets.
The Group provides comprehensive coverage across five core services: Market Making, Execution & Clearing, Hedging & Investment Solutions, Price Discovery and Data & Advisory. It has a leading franchise in many major metals, energy and agricultural products, executing around 38 million trades and clearing over 193 million contracts in 2021. The Group provides access to the world’s major commodity markets, covering a broad range of clients that include some of the largest commodity producers, consumers and traders.They maintain a strong balance sheet with prudent capital and liquidity positions and has an investment grade credit rating.
They were established in 2005 but through its subsidiaries can trace its roots in the commodity markets back almost 100 years. Headquartered in London with 29 offices worldwide, the Group has over 1,600 employees across Europe, Asia and the Americas.
About the position
A critical part of our technology suite is Neon, our client-facing web platform. Neon provides our clients with the ability to:
- Work together with our front-office desks to access a diverse array of financial services products
- Access to deep market knowledge gained from our expertise and datasets
- Monitor and view trading activity, portfolios and risk
The ideal candidate will be a strong developer who will help to ensure that Neon is built using best-of-breed technologies and patterns, utilize modern DevSecOps practices and leverage appropriate cloud technologies to ensure the continued evolution of the Neon platform.
- Contribute to the overall architecture and design of the technology created/maintained by the delivery team.
- Contribute to the technical direction of the department. Research new concepts and technologies. Evaluate third-party products and tools that are currently used or under consideration by the team.
- Liaise with the business users and BA/QAs on a day-to-day basis. Help them define business requirements. Give regular status updates.
- Develop solutions to a high standard that is maintainable, testable and meets the requirement’s acceptance criteria
- Ensure delivered systems are production-grade. Ensure software is adequately documented for handover to the business and onboarding of new team members.
- Adhere to development best practices and processes.
- Ensure that stories and bugs are ready for sprint planning. This means that they are the next priority for the product owners, are well-formed stories and bugs that can be delivered iteratively and have solid acceptance criteria that can be tested.
- Resolving support issues in a professional and timely manner
- Foster cross-team collaboration and willingness to participate in cross-team shared initiatives (e.g., guilds, integrating services, contributing to common DevOps templates and reference architectures).
Candidates must be able to demonstrate valuable experience with the following aspects:
- Infrastructure as Code, Terraform, or equivalent
- Modern CI/CD and DevOps practices
- Cloud technology, ideally AWS
- Knowledge of BDD/TDD
- Agile and scrum development methodologies.
- Methodical approach to software architecture and design and experience employing the right design choices for a given project
- Relational and non-relational databases
- Have worked for the financial market
It is preferable that candidates are degree educated in a technical discipline