Scala, Play Framework, Akka, Slick
The company enables smarter decision-making by accelerating the flow of data-driven insights. The company’s semantic layer platform simplifies, accelerates, and extends business intelligence and data science capabilities for enterprise customers across all industries. The company empowers customers to democratize data, implement self-service BI, and build a more agile analytics infrastructure for more impactful decision-making.
You will be a core contributor to the design and development of cutting-edge technologies used by the world’s largest organizations for data analytics. This position will collaborate with product designers and other technical leads to tackle complex problems in analytics computation and data management. You will not only tackle complexities of algorithm and data structure design but also integrate with modern technologies for data warehousing (e.g. snowflake), data engineering (e.g. dbt), and analytics. Further, you’ll be responsible for considering the architectural implications of deployment and infrastructure concerns such as cloud and container technologies.
- Design and build features for complex data management, query optimization, and data modeling
- Collaborate with engineering architects, UI/UX, and product to implement new capabilities
- Integrate with different query languages, protocols, and tools for data transformation
- Define requirements, estimate work, track dependencies, report progress, highlight blockers
- BA/BS preferred in a technical or engineering field
- 4+ years experience
- Expertise in SQL and a deep understanding of databases
- Proficiency in Scala (e.g. Play Framework, Akka, Slick)
- Experience working on REST APIs
- Experience with container and cloud technologies
- Familiarity with query planners, aggregations, libraries like SQLalchemy
- Familiarity with business intelligence tools (e.g. Tableau, PowerBI, Excel)
- Experience with different types of databases and cloud-native variants (e.g. Snowflake, BigQuery, RDS, Redshift, Neptune, DynamoDB, Cosmos, Athena
Preference will be given to candidates with
- Familiarity with OLAP concepts and technologies such as SSIS and SSAS;
- Experience with technologies such as Data Analysis Expressions (DAX) and Multidimensional
Data Expressions (MDX);
- Familiarity with streaming data systems such as Kafka;
- Familiarity with NoSQL data stores such as Elasticsearch;
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence and AI is done.