Python, SQL, Linux
About the company
Supported by their proprietary technology platform, they provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets by lowering overall trading costs, delivering greater execution quality, and market transparency.
Moreover, providing liquidity allows investors to continue to buy or sell ETPs or other financial instruments even during periods of heightened market volatility.
By continuously providing liquidity they make sure that markets remain resilient and continue to function in an orderly manner. In effect, they act as a stabilizing mechanism that helps to absorb market shocks.
They are located in New York, US. Software Engineers for them is to provide a competitive edge, equipping traders with the information and capabilities that they need to make sound business decisions. Developers play a critical role in our core business services, enabling connectivity to hundreds of venues, scalable market data and order processing, and the development of innovative trading algorithms.
Purpose and responsabilities
This is a unique opportunity to join a leading proprietary trading firm with an entrepreneurial and innovative culture at the heart of its business. They value quick-witted, creative minds and challenge them to make full use of their capacities. If you aim high, the sky is the limit!
As a C++ developer in the equity trading team, you’ll be working directly with Traders and Quant Researchers to provide solutions when they are needed – as soon as possible.
That means taking a pragmatic approach to software development without cutting corners. They like to get things done and always strive to have working code in production. Trading is an incredibly dynamic and fast-paced environment, the requirements can change in the middle of the project, and you must be ready to adjust.
You will work on tools that generate a lot of business value. Although primarily working in Python, we are a language agnostic team – you might be helping a trader with a gnarly SQL query one day, doing post-trade analytics and monitoring in Python the next, and writing a Kafka Streams topology in Java the day after. We’re looking for financial technologists that can think creatively about solutions.
Some of the technologies we use in the Development Process:
- Python 3
- Atlassian stack: Bitbucket (code review) and Bamboo (continuous integration)
Skills and Experience
What You Will Do
- Align requirements, implementation, and standards with global Python engineers
- Deliver core US roadmap items that require off-critical-path software
- Automate trader and quant operations, including start-/end-of-day processes and post-trade reporting
- Standardize US quantitative research tooling and integrate it with global Data Team pipelines
- Discuss workflows and processes with trading to spot where technology can help drive efficiency
- Write Python code that will help traders monitor positions, risk, market data, opportunities, and operational performance
- Maximize the use of internal data systems such as Kafka, Materialize, TimescaleDB and HDFS
- Develop desk infrastructure management framework, streamlining management of trading strategies
- Work closely with other Technology teams to ensure our systems are running to their maximum potential
What You Need to Succeed
- 2+ years post-graduation professional Python software development experience (proprietary trading industry preferred)
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Experience in functional, parallel, and multithreaded programming
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Strong ability to communicate with technical and business colleagues
- Extensive onboarding program
- The best working environment, the latest technology, and continuous support.
- Stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach.
- Competitive salary, annual profit share, and other fantastic perks and benefits.
- Annual bonus according to performance.