Bash, Jenkins, CI/CD, Kubernetes, Jira, Cloud, AWS, Linux, Docker
About the company
The company is a subsidiary company of $9-billion food sector player Dot Holdings, and is hiring! They are a fast-growing data tech company operating a fully integrated food Operating System (fOS), and constructing future solutions for large-scale food ordering.
They have been disrupting the food industry to provide a personalized customer experience while dramatically reducing operational food waste. As a B2B company, they proudly deliver pioneering software solutions to global food industry leaders.
Their culture is founded on mutual respect and accountability, which allows them to deliver the best possible solutions as a team. They are globally based, fully remote (some domestic travel may be required for this role), and excited by their efforts and the products they are building.
Why join this company?
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote.
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and reduce waste.
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks.
About the job
We are seeking a talented and motivated Junior DevOps Engineer to join this dynamic team. As a Junior DevOps Engineer, you will support the development team engineers in implementing and maintaining efficient and reliable software delivery processes. You will play a critical role in automating and streamlining our software deployment and infrastructure management workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field (or equivalent
- Strong programming skills in Bash scripting.
- Knowledge of Jenkins for building, testing, and deploying software applications.
- Familiarity with CentOS Linux distribution and experience in managing Linux-based infrastructure.
- Exposure to Kubernetes (K8s) and containerization technologies (Docker) is highly desirable.
- Understanding of monitoring tools such as NewRelic, or similar technologies.
- Experience with Atlassian Jira administration and configuration.
- Hands-on experience with cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (GCP) or Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Solid understanding of software development methodologies and familiarity with agile practices.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot complex issues in a fast-paced
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills to work effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly and adapt to evolving business requirements.
- Must be fluent in English (written and spoken).
Preference will be given to candidates with:
- Experience with additional languages like Python is a plus.
- Experience in the Food & Supply Chain domain is a plus.
- Collaborate with the scrum team to understand and refine business requirements
- Define and execute test scenarios for new features, enhancements, and upkeep
- Perform various testing types and techniques such as exploratory, functional, browser compatibility, usability, end-to-end, regression, integrations, etc.
- Report and validate fixes for product defects
- Drive feature quality through testing approach and application of agile processes
- Coordinate release timeline and dates for new products, features, changes, and bug fixes along with Infra, Dev, and Product Teams with Go or No Go feedback in a timely manner
- Control and communicate the status and progress of test plans in a timely manner to stakeholders and the Head of the Platform
- Create tickets on JIRA and contribute to Confluence knowledge-bases
- Participate in daily scrum meetings, sprint planning calls, and team “show-and-tell” presentations.
Compensation & Benefits:
- Annual Bonus
- Stock Options
- PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Initial interview with GeekHunter
- Cultural fit with the company
- Take-home test – technical challenge
- Technical interview with the Tech Lead
- Final interview with Eng. Manager
They offer a competitive salary package, professional development opportunities, and a supportive work environment encouraging innovation and growth. If you are passionate about DevOps and eager to work in a collaborative team setting, they would love to hear from you!