About the company
Supported by their proprietary technology platform, they provide liquidity in financial products that help contribute to more efficient markets by lowering overall trading costs, delivering greater execution quality, and market transparency.
Moreover, providing liquidity allows investors to continue to buy or sell ETPs or other financial instruments even during periods of heightened market volatility.
By continuously providing liquidity they make sure that markets remain resilient and continue to function in an orderly manner. In effect, they act as a stabilizing mechanism that helps to absorb market shocks.
They are located in New York, US. Software Engineers for them is to provide a competitive edge, equipping traders with the information and capabilities that they need to make sound business decisions. Developers play a critical role in our core business services, enabling connectivity to hundreds of venues, scalable market data and order processing, and the development of innovative trading algorithms.
Purpose and responsibilities
As a Java Engineer, you will write efficient code, create new designs and maintain existing applications with a focus on low latency and stability. You will work in small teams grouped by business area and follow agile practices. Your team will own a set of related applications and work in tight, daily collaboration with business owners. These end users are only a short walk away, which creates swift feedback loops and immediate insight into the value that your code provides. To foster collaboration and enable autonomy, we maintain shared libraries, encourage code reuse, and continuously evolve our views on application architecture.
Some of the Technologies they use in the Development Process:
- Common stack: Java 8 & Java 11, Netty, Chronicle Queue, Hibernate, MariaDB, Cassandra, gRPC, Guava, Prometheus
- Big Data stack: Kafka, HDFS, AirFlow, Spark, Avro, Hazelcast, Kubernetes, Docker
- Web/UI: Spring MVC, Jetty, Mustache, JavaFX, Jackson
- Testing: Mockito, Truth, JUnit5
- Development life-cycle support: Bitbucket, Bamboo, Confluence, Jira, Sonar Cube, IntelliJ IDEA, your-kit
Skills and Experience
What You Will Do
- Align requirements, implementation, and standards with the global Java Engineering Team
- Deliver core US roadmap items that require real-time and/or critical-path software
- Write efficient code, create new designs and maintain existing applications with a focus on low latency and stability
- Work in small teams grouped by business area and follow agile practices
- Own a set of related applications and work in tight, daily collaboration with business owners
What You Need to Succeed
- 3 + years of post-graduation work experience
- BSc or MSc in Computing Science or equivalent
- Core Java experience
- Experience in parallel and multithreaded programming
- In-depth knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Interest in achieving maximum performance from available hardware and software
- Ability to communicate with technical and business colleagues
- Working experience in professional software development
- Previous experience in the trading industry is advantageous
- Extensive onboarding program
- The best working environment, the latest technology, and continuous support.
- Stimulate innovation and collaboration through teamwork and our non-hierarchical approach.
- Competitive salary, annual profit share, and other fantastic perks and benefits.
- Annual bonus according to performance.