About the company
The company is a full-service eCommerce agency behind some of the world’s most disruptive digital brands.
They specialize in building bespoke eCommerce experiences for international clients across a wide array of verticals, and they lead the development of Solidus, the open-source eCommerce platform for industry trailblazers.
They’re a growing team of strategists, designers, and engineers with a distributed culture based on continuous learning, radical transparency and tight collaboration. They are bold and detail-oriented and they pursue excellence in everything they do.
Through their work, they are raising the bar for what eCommerce looks like.
About the position & Responsibilities
You will manage teams of eCommerce designers and engineers working on some of the world’s most renowned DTC brands. We work with Shopify, Ruby on Rails, Solidus, React, and a variety of other technologies and platforms.
As the Engineering Manager on the team, you will be the main point of reference for both the client and the team: you will be responsible for writing feature specifications, coordinating technical execution, and unblocking your team as needed. You will have to know when to roll up your sleeves and become laser-focused, and when to zoom out and look at the high-level picture.
At the same time, you will be constantly on the lookout for opportunities to delegate work and coach your team members to own every stage of the process, as well as for conducting regular 1:1s and performance reviews.
As an ideal candidate for this position…
- You have a track record of managing different aspects of an Agile product team, from project management and technical execution all the way to coaching and performance management.
- You have hands-on experience with Ruby on Rails, React, or both, and can use it to communicate with developers and make informed decisions.
- You are an empathetic and efficient communicator who listens more than they talk.
- You lead by example and expect your team to do the same.
- You know when to focus on the big picture and when to dig into the finer details.
- You love coaching your team and helping them develop their talents.
Past consulting/eCommerce experience is a nice-to-have but not required.
96000-108000 USD per year