About the company
This company is about people. Our partners, our clients, and our team make up the lifeblood of our company. We value personal accountability, encourage open, critical thinking, and embrace diversity. Most importantly we’re interested in how technology can solve the challenges they face.
We help clients across industries adapt and excel in the digital era by offering innovative solutions to challenges across web, mobile, and emerging platforms. Our clients and projects range in scope, industry, and size but our commitment to deliver digital solutions to address our customers’ needs is a constant.
About the position & Responsibilities
Full-stack development requires a broad skillset. The best candidates will demonstrate substantial experience within each of the several areas outlined below. Where a web developer tends to be specialized in either front-end or back-end development, a full-stack engineer will be proficient across the board, including any associated areas such as database design/management and DevOps.
It is also beneficial for the engineer to be familiar with various frameworks and libraries, but the specific ones are down to personal preference. It’s a bonus to have an appreciation/understanding of product strategy.
Back-end engineering does not require an understanding of user experience, per se. However, it does demand extensive knowledge of API principles. This does not necessarily have to be REST, but in most cases, this is the preferred paradigm.
In addition to this, the candidate must excel in at least one back-end technology as well as database design and implementation. It is also important that the candidate holds more than just a basic understanding of managing relevant infrastructure.
We are looking for a seasoned full-stack engineer to join our growing team. As an integral part of the technical team, S/He will collaborate with a small team of developers and designers, along with the support and direction of the Technical Lead and Project Manager to build great products for our clients. Successful candidates will have a minimum of five years of recent experience with all of the skills listed below.
- Analyze user needs and develop software solutions
- Work with the project manager or product owner to meet specification needs
- Design and implementation of the overall web architecture
- “Pixel-perfect” implementation of our approved user interface
- Recommend software upgrades to optimize operational efficiency
- Collaborate with other developers to design and optimize code
- Create flowcharts and user guides for new and existing programs
- Document all programming tasks and procedures
- Perform routine software maintenance
- Design overall architecture of web applications.
- Handle responsive design, accessibility, and mobile requirements, leveraging best practices and modern frameworks.
- Develop test strategies, design automation frameworks, and write unit/integration tests to drive up code coverage, automation metrics, security, and data protection
- Interact with business partners, teammates, internal users, and external users regarding cost estimations, timelines, technical issues, and infrastructure support both pre- and post-production
- Utilize disciplined coding practices and concepts to enable agility and delivery of high-quality code that is maintainable and reusable
- Update progress daily through the Project Management tracking tool (ex. Jira) or Kanban/Agile board.
- Design and develop APIs and SDKs for our services or products
- Experience (5+ years) in software development, computer engineering, or other related fields
- Experienced (3+ years) with NodeJS, Vue, or other back-end programming languages (PHP, Python, Ruby, Java, etc)
- Experience (5+ years) building on WordPress (NICE TO HAVE)
- Database design and management, including being up on the latest practices and associated versions and familiarity with relational databases such as MySQL, Oracle, and SQL Server
- Knowledge of GIit code versioning
- Engagement and exposure to the full software development life cycle
- Deadline and detail-oriented
- familiarity with CSS preprocessors, bundlers, and associated languages/syntaxes/libraries ( e.g., Sass, Less, and webpack)
- Thorough understanding of user experience and possibly even product strategy
- Experience implementing testing platforms and unit tests
- A competitive base salary package
- Paid time off, vacation, public holidays, office is closed between Christmas and New Years
- Full health and dental benefits
- Remote Work Policy
- Company parties in the summer, winter, and a few fun events in between
- Engaging, fun, and casual company culture