About the company
The company was created by brokers for brokers.
They allow employers and employees to confidently navigate Health Care Reform while saving money. Their software-as-a-service solution presents employers with health care coverage strategies, helping them evaluate, refine, and ultimately execute the coverage plan that delivers the greatest benefit to the company and its employees.
The company educates and guides employees throughout the insurance selection process, relieving them from the stress and confusion associated with buying an affordable plan that covers the doctors they want and the care they need.
About the position
We are looking for an excellent full-time remote DevOps engineer to join a fast-paced team supporting tools and end-user applications to help people enroll in insurance. Insurance agents use the tools across the country to quote and enroll small companies and individuals. Our technology stack is built on Vue.js, Ruby, Java, and MongoDB; familiarity with UNIX is a plus. We use an informal agile approach to organize our development and remain flexible as requirements (and regulations) change.
The position requires excellent communication skills, a drive to excel, and very strong systems ability. You will be doing UNIX machine maintenance, building and deploying products in an AWS environment using Ruby on Rails and Java, and doing AWS maintenance, imaging, and upgrades. We are a growing team, and very collaborative, so there will be opportunities to do software development and other tasks if desired.
This position reports to the Director of Technology
Responsibilities & Required and desirable qualifications
- Build and release software on a weekly basis
- Be available full time to solve emergencies and problems in all server environments
- Build and maintain EC2 instances and associated AWS services
- Be available to help other team members with hardware and software issues
- Monitor the database environment to identify problems quickly and solve issues
- Update environments regularly and on request
They’re looking for someone who has:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent work-related experience
- 3+ years of DevOps experience
- UNIX server experience (Ubuntu preferred)
- The ability to build and maintain EC2 instances and associated AWS services is required
- Knowledge of MongoDB Atlas or similar preferred
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Cautious, responsible approach to production changes
- Enthusiastic about learning new technologies and approaches