About the company
The company is a subsidiary company of $9-billion food sector player Dot Holdings, which is hiring! They are a fast-growing data tech company operating a fully integrated food Operating System (fOS), and constructing the future solution for large-scale food ordering.
They have been disrupting the food industry to provide a personalized customer experience while dramatically reducing operational food waste. As a B2B company, they proudly deliver pioneering software solutions to global food industry leaders.
Their culture is founded on mutual respect and accountability, which allows them to deliver the best possible solutions as a team. They are globally based, fully remote (some domestic travel may be required for this role), and excited by their efforts and the products they are building.
Why join this company?
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and reducing waste
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks
About the position
Responsibilities & Required and desirable qualifications
- Ensuring timely delivery & sizing of data engineering related initiatives in the Product Roadmap (the how and when).
- Create and define individual technical tasks based on product requirements and plan to ensure robustness of data pipelines at scale.
- Create Data Engineering tickets on JIRA and contribute to Confluence knowledge bases working with the Data Product Manager.
- Coordinate the effort of the DataEng team to reach every Sprint set goal;
- Identify and mentor Data Engineers regarding technologies and technical best practices that may improve effectiveness and velocity while supporting the organization’s culture, mission, and values;
- Be responsible for the delivery and implementation of the solutions for data pipelines, and help set direction and standards with Head of Data;
- Run Data Engineering daily scrum, sprint planning calls, and have 1:1 meetings with Data Engineers;
- Guide and improve software delivery processes. Promote good habits around architecture, design, code review, and incorporate DevSecOps;
- Work closely with the Product Management team and with DS and Software stack team leads;
- Coordinate release timeline and dates for new products, features, changes, and bug fixes, as well as recurrent processes (e.g. crons, etc)
- Write new and maintain existing data engineering processes documentation.
● 3+ years of experience managing teams in the context of data engineering products or products with a
significant data component (e.g. data pipeline)
● Must have strong technical knowledge and ability to direct workload for development teams
● Knowledge of Data pipelines, ETL, API, Data assets, Quality, and processing of data and market standards
(Knowledge of the food-tech industry is a big plus).
● Demonstrated project management skills in regards to development planning timelines and coordinating
● Strong written and verbal communication skills in the English language
● Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical stakeholders
● Willingness and experience managing multiple streams of work and working under pressure in an startup
● Experience with or interest in working remotely with a multicultural and progressive team spread out across
various time zones
● Must be able to work US-East Coast or UK time zone. Preferable hours are 7 am to 3 pm US-East Coast.
● This is a fully remote position (not temporarily)