PHP, Laravel, MySQL, MongoDB
About the company
The company is a subsidiary company of $9-billion food sector player Dot Holdings, which is hiring! They are a fast-growing data tech company operating a fully integrated food Operating System (FOS), and constructing a future solution for large-scale food ordering.
They have been disrupting the food industry to provide a personalized customer experience while dramatically reducing operational food waste. As a B2B company, they proudly deliver pioneering software solutions to global food industry leaders.
Their culture is founded on mutual respect and accountability, which allows them to deliver the best possible solutions as a team. They are globally based, fully remote (some domestic travel may be required for this role), and excited by their efforts and the products they are building.
Why join this company?
- 100% Agile, 100% Remote
- Make a meaningful product with a big purpose to support healthy eating and reducing waste
- Professional growth in a small team of really skilled, really nice folks
About the position
They are looking for a self-managed PHP Backend Developer to help them improve the company’s platform and build APIs leveraged by their web, mobile apps, and third-party services. There, their team believes that software can be beautiful, powerful, and easy to use.
Do you love APIs, open source philosophy, and following coding best practices? So do they! Join their team of amazing developers that are disrupting the Food software industry, one line of code at a time.
These are a few of the responsibilities this position holds:
- Implement scalable user-friendly features that can handle growth
- Collaborate with experienced software engineers in the design, development, review, and maintenance stages of the platform
- Collaborate with their experienced product and support team to understand customer’s needs to enhance the product usability and resolve technical issues
- Work well in an agile development environment, shipping code through the dev/stage/prod release cycle
- Solve technical challenges and put your skills to the test every day
They’re looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of software engineering background with experience in Object-Oriented programming
- Strong understanding of SOLID principles, design patterns, and love for writing Clean Code
- Comfortable working on a distributed platform with a Service Oriented Architecture
- PHP7> programming skills focus on code quality: reliable, reusable, efficient, and secure
- Familiarity with Laravel framework; a solid understanding of Laravel’s core patterns and the MVC pattern
- Experience with API Design-first approach (Using specs such as Open API, Blueprint API, etc.) and API development lifecycle with tools like Postman and/or Swagger
- Working experience with methodologies such as DDD & TDD and a keen understanding of Unit tests & Integration tests
- Experience working with MySQL and NoSQL (MongoDB preferred)
- Be fearless about learning new technologies and developing new patterns to be applied
- Perform well working remotely as part of a team as well as independently
- Docker experience is a plus
- Experience with other technologies from their stack – such as Memcached, Redis, Beanstalk, RabbitMQ, Google’s Pub/Sub, and many more – is a plus
72000 – 96000 USD / year