Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Financial Reporting, Revenue Accounting, General Ledgers, and Budgeting
This company is looking for an outcome-oriented Controller to own and manage the day-to-day finance and accounting requirements of the business as it rapidly grows. As the first finance hire, you will play a crucial role in shaping and managing financial operations.
Reporting to the Chief of Staff, you will work directly with stakeholders across the company and executive team to oversee financial accounting, reporting, and overall finance operations. This role requires a solid understanding of key technical financial accounting concepts and will be a hands-on leader within the organization.
Key Responsibilities – What you will do
- Lead all aspects of accounting, including implementation of processes and internal
controls necessary for GAAP standards, and develop and scale the organization for
- Ensure timely and accurate monthly close process and preparation of financial
- Maintain and enforce a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the completion of tax filings
- Drive continuous improvement in internal control processes
- Monthly financial reporting and analysis, forecasting, budgeting, and cash flow
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable, as well as implementation of
systems including those around expense reimbursement and bill payments
- Assist in defining and continually measuring the key financial metrics to help identify
risks and opportunities
- Assisting in other areas including Payment Operations
What you will Bring (Requirements):
- 5 – 8+ years of experience in an accounting position in a growing company from a
relevant industry; prior experience with a Big 4 public accounting firm is preferred
- Professional certification as a CPA
- Strong technical accounting knowledge with deep experience in the areas of revenue
recognition, accounting, and compliance with US GAAP.
- Excellent knowledge of internal controls and ability to identify and recommend new
changes to controls
- Extraordinary communication and organizational skills, with a proven record of success
in dynamic environments
- Meticulous attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage multiple tasks and projects in a fast
- Experience building the financial infrastructure, systems, processes, and automation to
- Experience with accounting functions, including Accounts Receivable, Accounts
Payable, Financial Reporting, Revenue Accounting, General Ledgers, and Budgeting
- Reporting process experience leading monthly financial close and quarterly and annual
reporting ensuring accurate results
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a highly collaborative team
- Problem-solving skills
Nice to have
- Experience working at a high growth start-up in the fintech space
- Previous experience working in a rapid-growth startup environment is a plus
About the company:
This company is an early-stage B2B payment and checkout infrastructure company, tackling $28T of US B2B payments. Their white-label, purpose-built payment portal provides a domain that customers may visit and view outstanding/due invoices anytime and pay via financing, ACH, and credit cards. The platform integrates directly with a company’s invoicing software and reconciles all transactions to its accounting software, providing a fully integrated approach that does not exist, outside of custom ERP applications. Their customers are paid 40% faster.
The total compensation range for this role is $80,000-$100,000 plus equity.
Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors including relevant skills, experience, education/training.
What They Offer:
- Competitive Compensation: They want you to feel like an owner, which should be reflected
in your salary and equity
- Remote-first Company: They do their best work when they’re balanced, so every employee
gets a flexible vacation and working hours
- Mission-first Colleagues: They value a culture of authenticity, humility, and excellence. They
want you to leave your thumbprint on their company
- Transparency & Honesty: They operate with transparency to their customers, investors, and
other partners, every step of the way.
- Dependability: They are dependable. They do what they say they are going to do and they do not
- Partnership: They are partners with their customers, investors, and each other, and work
together to solve exciting massive problems.
- Revolutionary & Boldness: They are revolutionary & bold. They break down barriers and walls
to build their walls in a stronger, safer, and simpler manner.
- Diversity & Inclusion: They work together with people of all backgrounds and seek different
viewpoints to generate stronger partnerships and create a stronger, more inclusive
company and world.