The company enables smarter decision-making by accelerating the flow of data-driven insights. Its semantic layer platform simplifies, accelerates, and extends business intelligence and data science capabilities for enterprise customers across all industries. Their goal is to empower customers to democratize data, implement self-service BI, and build a more agile analytics infrastructure for more impactful decision-making.
This is a dynamic and innovative company with a no-nonsense culture. They combine the best aspects of the Bay Area, Boston, and Bulgaria to create a unique and high-achieving team. They are driven by the ambition to make a difference while maintaining a fun and engaging work environment.
Test Planning, Development and Execution:
- Create detailed test plans, test cases, and test scripts based on functional specifications
- Execute manual tests to verify software functionality, performance, usability, and
compatibility across different platforms and enronments;
- Create automated tests using Nightwatch.js to exercise all capabilities of our leading-edge,
canvas-based web application;
- Follow practices for clean code, including static analysis, code robustness and reusability;
- Identify and report defects, issues, and risks, ensuring they are appropriately tracked and
- Testing and verifying the product and its interaction with the BI tools.
- Clearly document and communicate defects and issues found during testing using a
defined defect tracking system;
- Verify bug fixes and perform regression testing to ensure the stability and quality of
- Monitor automated test runs, and work with the development teams to resolve test failures
- Collaborate with the development team to troubleshoot and resolve issues, proding
detailed information and reproducing steps if necessary;
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date test documentation, including test cases, test scripts,
and test results.
- 3+ years of experience as a QA Engineer;
- Experience with Scala;
- Experience with SQL, being able to work with database queries;
- Experience with major BI tools such as Tableau, PowerBI, Looker, Cognos, MicroStrategy, Business Objects, Qlik, etc;
- Familiarity with agile development methodologies and continuous integration/continuous delivery (CI/CD) pipelines;
- Ability to write clear, concise, and comprehensive test plans, test cases, and test scripts;
- Be able to learn new technologies rapidly, and be able to share that learning with others;
- Be a strong team player who is able to collaborate across teams and departments;
- Full business proficiency in English.
- Knowledge in OLAP and Datawarehousing concepts;
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Server Analysis Services Multidimensional and/or Tabular
- Experience with MDX, DAX and SQL;
- Good understanding of relevant networking technologies and distributed systems;
- Excellent knowledge of analytical reports and their usage patterns;
- Strong knowledge of logical and physical data modeling concepts;
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
1. Technical Assessment Test: Candidates will be tested on a range of technical areas. The assessment format will be multiple-choice questions:
- QA/Test (ISTQB): 12 questions
- PowerBI: 7 questions
- Scala: 6 questions
- Selenium: 4 questions
- SQL: 4 questions
- Tableau: 3 questions
2. Technical Interview: After successfully passing the test, candidates will be scheduled for a technical interview with the Tech Lead. This interview will dive deeper into the candidate’s technical knowledge, expertise, and problem-solving capabilities.
3. Final Interview: Candidates will then have a final interview with the QA Manager. This discussion will focus on the cultural fit, alignment with company values, and other non-technical competencies.
Join a team of passionate people committed to redefining the way business intelligence and AI is done.